The Washington State Science & Engineering Fair is proud to present this award to an outstanding science or engineering teacher.
Nominations are encouraged by students, parents, a principal, department head or peer. To nominate your teacher include letter(s) of endorsement and a preferably teaching biography or resume if available.
The award consists of a traveling school trophy, commemorative personal trophy and a monetary award. It is presented to a participating Washington State Science and Engineering Fair teacher who meets the following standards.
- Stands out from their peers
- Promotes science or engineering education among students
- Demonstrates a strong passion for teaching science or engineering as it relates to everyday life
- Makes science and engineering fun and realistic for students
- Empowers students to learn science and engineering
- Exhibits excellence in teaching
- Is current on scientific methodology, ideas and concepts
- Encourages science or engineering partnerships within the community
- Has not won the award in the previous five years
All nominations are due by March 12, 2017 and reviewed by WSSEF Board members with assistance from community professionals. The selected teacher is announced at the WSSEF Award Ceremony on Saturday immediately following the Fair.
Please submit your nominations:
via mail postmarked by March 12, 2017 More Information: email@example.com
WSSEF Science Teacher of the Year Phone: 360-551-0012
PO Box 2412
Silverdale, WA 98383